Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and Term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 26 September 2022 at 12:00 pm, Noon
Interview date: Friday 29 September 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Christ Church CE Primary & Nursery Academy
Woodland Vale Road
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Receptionist and Attendance Administrator - Christ Church CE Primary & Nursery Academy
We are looking for a Receptionist with a warm, friendly and calm manner to be the first point of contact for our parents, children, staff and visitors. In addition, you will have administrative responsibilities for recording daily pupil attendance and absence messages into our management information system (currently, Arbor).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a high standard of professional and personal presentation;
- an excellent record for punctuality and attendance;
- successful experience of administrative work in a busy school environment or equivalent;
- excellent communication, language and numeracy skills;
- a good understanding of confidentiality and data protection policies;
- clear and concise record keeping skills;
- experience of management information systems and Microsoft applications;
- the skills to support the unique and diverse needs of families in a sensitive manner;
- a willingness to develop a good understanding of the Academy’s ethos and the learning experience provided;
- the ability to be a supportive and trustworthy team member, who can work independently too;
- a willingness to undertake training and development opportunities.
Please contact Phyllis Smith, Head of Administration for further details and an application pack on 01424 422953 Option 2 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 26 September 2022 at 12:00 Noon
Interview date: Friday, 29 September 2022
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.