Westminster Drive, Southport, Merseyside. PR8 2QZ
Tel: 01704 577163
Headteacher: Mr P Chadwick
Teacher Full Time
(MPS/UPR) Plus 1 SEN Point
Required to start 1st January 2023 or as soon as possible
Merefield School is an all age, 3-19 Special School in Ainsdale. We cater for 103 students with severe and complex learning needs. We have carefully and meticulously created a curriculum that stimulates and challenges each of our students based on their individual needs and starting points. Our personalised approach and tailored assessment systems ensure that all students make outstanding progress during their time at Merefield School.
We are looking for a creative practitioner to join our teaching team, initially within the secondary department. If you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, are inspiring, highly motivated and hard working, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with recent experience in an SEN school
- Dedicated to the welfare, safeguarding and achievement of every child
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate all students and lead by example
- Creative, innovative and has a passion for improvement
- Forward thinking and committed to raising standards
- Organised and has highly developed communication skills
- Demonstrate they can deliver educational progress and outcomes for SEND children.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and other professionals
- Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students with a range of barriers to overcome
- A reflective practitioner who is committed to personal development and willing to learn
- Able to demonstrate their commitment to child centred values
- Experienced with delivering ASDAN awards and qualifications
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit our website to learn more about the school and download an application pack www.merefieldschool.co.uk
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of Mr Peter Chadwick
School tour: visits to the school are welcome at the end of the school day and are to be booked with Gemma Parker email@example.com
Closing date: 30/9/2022 9AM
Merefield school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is registered as exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Merefield School and Sefton is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.