St Marie’s Catholic Primary School
Tel: 0151 477 8480
Head Teacher: Sheelagh O’Keeffe
Experienced Class Teacher Maternity Cover KS1
Main Pay Range 1 – 6 / £25,714 - £36,961 per annum
Upper Pay Range 1-3 / £38,690 - £41,604 per annum
Fixed term 30th of January to 22nd of October 2023
The Governors of St Marie’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Class Teacher.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a practicing Catholic or committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of our school.
- can demonstrate effective classroom practice.
- has the ability to inspire, nurture and motivate learners towards achieving their full potential.
- has high expectations of children’s behaviour and attainment.
- is a team player with the ability to inspire and implement change.
- has high expectations of themselves and others with the drive and determination to work together with pupils, staff and parents to succeed.
- To ensure that work is marked regularly, and in line with school policy.
- Supervise the work of any support staff, including teaching assistants, who are assigned to work within the class.
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a pleasant, stimulating and positive learning environment.
- Ensure children’s work is valued by managing the provision of good displays in the classroom. Help in providing displays for public areas e.g. hall, corridors etc.
- Be punctual and set a good example to the children.
- To communicate and consult effectively with the parents of children.
- Experience of KS1 SATS.
We can offer you:
- A friendly welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Happy, enthusiastic children, keen to learn and proud of their school.
- A hardworking team of staff and governors committed to high standards.
- An opportunity for continued professional development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
Applicants should complete the CES Application Form associated with this advert, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Disclosure Form and where possible the Recruitment Monitoring Form. Additionally, please submit one side of A4 stating your reasons for being suitable for this post to the Head Teacher.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022
Relevant forms available at on the school website
Closing Date for applications: 1st October 2022 - 12 noon