Rent Recovery Assistant
Housing Income and Leaseholder Management
Full-time, 37 hours per week
NS6 £20,852 - £22,129 per annum (pay award pending)
We are now recruiting for a Rent Recovery Assistant to join our Housing Income and Leaseholder Management team. The vacancy has arisen following an internal promotion.
In this role, you will provide income recovery services, focussing on arrears prevention and low-level arrears management, which contribute to the wider income management team objective of minimising arrears and maximising tenancy sustainment.
You will undertake a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Managing a caseload of rent accounts
- Negotiating with tenants to establish sustainable payment plans
- Providing advice and guidance to tenants along with proactive support to achieve sustained tenancies
- Serving Notices and visiting tenants
- Liaising with debt collection agencies if required
- Preparing reports and statistical information
We can offer a competitive salary and, in addition, you’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible and agile working, a generous holiday allowance that increases with service, discounted gym membership and a very competitive occupational pension. In addition, you will be joining a professional and experienced team who are passionate about supporting the residents in the District.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have experience of working in an Income Management, or similar, environment
- Are educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Can effectively organise and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Can communicate effectively with a range of audiences and stakeholders
- Can work with tact and diplomacy
For more information, or for an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dennis Fearon – Housing Income Team Leader on 01636 655976 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post as detailed in the Person Specification on their application form.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 23 September 2022
Interview: Week Commencing 3rd October 2022