Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
London Borough of Hillingdon's Reablement team is a highly regarded CQC registered service providing a community based Reablement Service to increase the independence of the residents of Hillingdon.
We are looking to recruit to a Senior Reablement Carer to join the team. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, reliable individual with a 'can do' attitude. If you are successful you will be providing support to service users in their own homes to promote their overall health, well being and independence.
You will be both office based and community based dependent on the needs of the service.
The main ethos of the role will be to ensure the carers in the community have accurate and up to date information and support. This includes completing support plans and risk assessments. You will also be responsible for overseeing the service users Package of Care and making referrals to Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists as and when necessary.
About the person
We are looking for a team member with previous care experience, preferably educated to NVQ level 2 or above with excellent IT and communication skills.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience within the social care/rehabilitation sector
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills and be confident in working with electronic rostering systems
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- A high level of numeric and written skills
In addition, the successful candidate will be a car driver with a clean driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
London Borough of Hillingdon are always looking to reward employees. As a member of the Reablement team, you will receive a range of staff benefits, including:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Car allowance
- Free uniform
- Free DBS check
- Savings on the cost of childcare through our Childcare Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme- Discounts and deals on national attractions, theme parks, holidays, insurance and many national retailers We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy