What does it take to be a planner at Elmbridge?
Commitment? Determination? Solution-focussed attitude?
We would suggest that it takes all of this and one other trait; we want our planners to be passionate about design.
That’s what makes planning at Elmbridge different; we have talented, passionate people, determined to do their best work for Elmbridge, influencing and helping to shape Elmbridge.
You will see the other essential criteria in the person specification, but it’s your approach to work that will be your main asset.
Are you ready to step up to a more senior role dealing with complex applications, or perhaps you are an experienced planner wanting a change? Our newly created Senior/Principal Planning Officer role enables career progression within the same post, which would include the opportunity to take on the responsibility of delegated decision making for certain applications.
Whether you are a planning manager, officer or trainee you will understand that you have an important role to play in helping us to shape Elmbridge. You will be supporting our customers and helping them to understand the role good planning makes in shaping an area.
Elmbridge is one of the busiest local planning authorities in the country and sets very high standards for the delivery of planning decisions within Government targets. With land values that rival London and a population of 135,000, we will provide you with an interesting and challenging step in your career.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
Learning and development:
- We will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- You will meet people in the team who have completed Masters, been promoted within the team and have taken on other professional qualifications.
- We know hybrid working is here to stay and we will discuss the right mix of home and office for you.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to mental health support, the options are there for you.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Paul our Development Manager a call on 01372 474808.
What are you waiting for?
Closing Date: Monday 3rd October 2022 (9am)
Interview Date: w/c Monday 10th October 2022
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.