We need you to deliver infrastructure to our district.
Sevenoaks District, although 30 minutes by train from London, has diverse urban/rural issues and development pressures are high so infrastructure delivery is crucial.
With your experience (minimum of two years) of working on developer contributions, you’ll feed your creativity by being the lead on shaping infrastructure within the district and achieving high quality results.
With a variety of knowledge in the team you’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills in evidence gathering, policy writing and consultation. You’ll be providing guidance and advice to the team so you’ll have a good understanding of how infrastructure planning contributes to the production of a Local Plan.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Preparing and maintaining an up-to-date Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP) to assess infrastructure needs, funding mechanisms and the cost of provision.
- Leading on the implementation and future review of the CIL Charging Schedule and the identification of infrastructure spending priorities.
- Managing the operation of the Council’s CIL Spending Board, including the preparation of agendas and reports.
- Working collaboratively with partners and services across the Council to ensure infrastructure projects are developed in a consistent, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitoring, enforcement and collection of financial contributions relating to all Developer Contributions, to ensure the prompt receipt and release of monies.
This role will be based at our Council Offices, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks Kent TN13 1HG. We currently operate a hybrid working model for the majority of our roles where your working time will be divided between the office (2-3 days) and home working (2-3 days).
Do you want to know more about the role?
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact James Gleave – Strategic Planning Manager on 01732 227000 or by email to email@example.com.
Do you want to ensure you have the best chance of being shortlisted?
Read the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role and ensure that your supporting statement explains how you meet the essential requirements as your application will be judged against these criteria.
Closing date: 26th September 2022