Hours of work: Full time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
To apply for this position and request an application pack, please email: email@example.com
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 26 September 2022
Shortlisting date: Thursday 29 September 2022
Interview dates: Thursday 13 & Friday 14 October 2022
Start Date: 01 January 2023
Framfield CE Primary School
About the role
The Governors invite application for the post of Headteacher.
Be the Best you can Be
‘Living life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
We live and breathe this motto at Framfield School and we are looking to appoint a vibrant, committed and inspiring individual who believes it too. Someone who can provide the leadership required to maintain a caring, inclusive and aspirational environment with a strong Christian ethos, where children are happy, safe and thrive in everything they do.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic and innovative individual who will lead our school and work closely with the counterpart Headteacher to help lead our two school Federation into the next stage of our development. You must have flair and enthusiasm and the ability to inspire others through your collaborative working practice, your meticulous attention to detail as well as your commitment to continuously raising standards and delivering sustained improvement for all.
Our school offers:
- A culture of creative, inspiring and inclusive learning experiences, where all children are nurtured, enabling them to achieve their personal and academic potential;
- A culture where we value each child’s contribution;
- An environment which is friendly, safe and secure, where children and adults work together with fun, enjoyment and enthusiasm;
- An innovative, hard-working and dedicated staff team;
- A supportive, highly effective and involved Governing Body who are committed to excellence;
- Strong parental support and a proactive PTA;
- Excellent links with the Parish Church, the local community and our Federation partner school;
- A place where Christian values are embedded in school practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- The best interests of the children at the heart of all their decisions;
- Clear leadership and organisational skills combined with flair and creativity;
- The ability to build on success and manage change;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to work collaboratively across our Federation;
- An understanding of strategic finances and management of budgets;
- Humility, good humour and resilience;
- Commitment to the Christian ethos of the school.
To find out more, please email the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council to request a copy of our recruitment pack: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Framfield Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.