Mission Aviation Fellowship UK is a Christian organisation that, for over 75 years, have been flying light aircraft over remote locations around the world. Our efforts have enabled more than 2,000 aid, development and mission organisations to provide emergency relief, long-term development and Christian hope to remote communities.
We utilise the power of aviation and technology to reach isolated people in need around the globe as we believe nothing should stop people from receiving the essentials of life no matter how remote they are.
By helping to link communities isolated from today’s ‘connected world’, we are ensuring that the severity of medical emergencies, natural disasters, conflict and famine are reduced and the light of God now shines brightly there.
We are now seeking a Youth Development Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis, working at least 36 hours per week.
- Annual leave entitlement of 22 days’ per year plus 8 paid public holidays per year
- Close-down from Christmas Eve to New Year with non-public-holidays as additional leave
- Non-contributory pension scheme (10%) salary, employees may make voluntary additional contributions
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with experience working with children aged 11-18 years to join our unique organisation.
You will be integral in spreading the word of our worthy cause to the next generation. Putting your existing experience to good use, with no two days the same, you will gain a range of excellent new skills and enjoy fantastic job satisfaction as you educate and inform young minds.
We will provide you with ample opportunities to develop your career as you collaborate with, and learn from, our supportive, first-rate team. If this sounds like the ideal next role for you, then apply today!
As a Youth Development Assistant, you will organise meetings and events across the country to inspire, educate and teach young people about the work we do.
You will create resources for education and youth volunteers, connecting with schools, youth groups, and events to build partnerships and networks.
By developing and delivering engaging Youth sessions, activities, challenges and creative resources, you will build and maintain long term relationships with youths and encourage them to get involved in our multitude of resources and fundraising.
Additionally, you will:
- Represent and advertise our Youth speaker service online and at events
- Book youth meetings, arrange venues and deliver presentations
- Keep up-to-date on curriculums, educational events, changes and trends within education
- Prepare content for the youth magazine, social media channels, website and video content
- Complete administrative duties
To be considered as a Youth Development Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of working with children aged 11-18 years
- Experience of public speaking to both adults and young people
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience of co-ordinating volunteers
- Experience of planning and running events, trips, or socials
- Flexibility to work additionally to working hours
- The ability to communicate positively, assertively, and sensitively
- Proficiency skills in Microsoft applications
- A full, valid driving licence
A qualification or training in youth work or teaching would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working within a charity/fundraising environment.
Experience of creating or developing educational resources and creative writing skills would also be advantageous.
This role will require some significant travel, weekend and evening work, plus potential overnight stays across the UK and will therefore require someone who has their own car. Use of a pool car is also available (if over 25).
Other organisations may call this role Youth Engagement Assistant, Child and Youth Programme Assistant, Youth Activities Co-ordinator, or Youth Engagement Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Mission Aviation Fellowship UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.