Housing and Property Management Apprentice
Fixed Term – 18 months
Full time 37 hours
National Minimum Wage for Apprentices £177.97 week
We are seeking an enthusiastic, curious, logical individual who enjoys a challenge where change is your ally and creativity is your best friend. To work with us to continue to be the best landlord in the town by changing lives for the better and strengthen communities. We value our staff and the difference that they make to our customers.
Our Housing and Communities Teams are passionate about the people who live in our town; our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home within in a lively and thriving neighbourhood. We have a great track record in building strategic partnerships, successfully bidding for Government funding, and major project delivery.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
You will work across a number of teams within Tenant Services to deliver an integrated high-quality customer focussed service across a number of access channels
Main duties and responsibilities
- Respond to customer contacts received across a variety of channels in a consistent, positive and efficient manner and resolve as many at first point of contact
- Project a positive image of the Council to customers in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Charter
- Assist with the day to day management of Homes for Reading which is Reading Borough Councils private sector lettings company.
- Assist with estate, block & property inspections
- Work collaboratively with different teams within the wider housing service, such Property Services, Repairs, Customer Services and Housing Advice
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
The following experience is required for this role:
- Educated to GCSE level A-C in English and Mathematics, or equivalent
- Computer literate and trained in Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- You will be supported in undertaking a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Housing and Property Management / CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice over 18 months.
- You will be happy working in a hybrid style – home and office based
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 27th September
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.