We are actively recruiting a Driver Support Worker within North Herts and Stevenage Day Services.
As part of your role you will be provide a caring, safe, reliable transport service for adults who have physical or learning disabilities, including complex needs and older people who have age related conditions such as, dementia and mobility support needs.
The position is based initially at Greyslates Court, Baldock with a fundamental expectation that the applicant will work effectively as part of a team, have a flexible approach to their role and when required work across our sites in Letchworth, Hitchin and Stevenage.
This position involves responsibilities such as;
• Supporting service users in and out of vehicles, which may include the use of tail-lifts and ramps
• Supporting individuals to access or take part in activities onsite or in the community
• Providing emotional and physical support, including helping with personal care tasks.
• Ensuring vehicles are maintained and roadworthy
As part of the application, you will be required to:
• Demonstrate how your work puts the person at the centre of your practice and promotes a commitment to equality.
• A category D1 driving license is required for this role.
• Follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be prompted to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application may be rejected.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.