West Berkshire Council’s Application Delivery team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and technically competent candidate to work in a challenging environment and take their skills to the next level.
The team provides technical and database support for over 100 key business systems covering every aspect of Council business. Ensuring the integrity and availability of these systems and the information they hold is of critical importance to the Council.
We are looking for a talented individual to look after our suite of Idox products (Uniform, Idox Cloud and associated documents and records management system). You will have proven track record of delivering thorough technical support for your customers and a commitment to their satisfaction.
We can offer you the opportunity to work in an interesting environment more diverse than most commercial organisations can offer. In addition we are also committed to ensuring that you get the right training for the role plus you will be working with and learning from subject matter technical experts
Detailed Duties will include:-
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and security of the systems within your responsibility within WBC
- Shared responsibility (with other team members) for a number of high profile, business critical Council systems.
- Provide functional and technical development and enhancement of business software and applications supported by the West Berkshire ICT Application Delivery and Support Team.
- Responsibility for the upgrade and patching of supported systems.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and must have at least 3 years IT industry experience supporting Idox products (which should be detailed in the application) utilising the following technical skills:-
- T-SQL and optionally PL/SQL Scripting
- Current supported versions of Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server. Optionally Oracle RDBMS
- Microsoft .Net, client server and multi-tier architecture environments
Local Authority systems experience would also be beneficial but not necessary.
We offer a broad range of employment benefits such as flexible working, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more! You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
This role is fixeed term for 1 year from start date - Funding limited project.
For an Informal chat pleease contact Matthew Scalpello on Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications