Lock Up Round
Ref: 1904 - 2326
Salary: Band 3 £16,908 - £17,403 pro rata (£6,353 - £6,690 p.a.) plus 7.5% shift allowance
16 Hours per week Fri- Sat - Sun 18.00 - 23.00
This is a lone working mobile round. Locking and cleaning where necessary various public convenience sites as directed and other public convenience duties as required.
What is the role?
- The role is primarily the locking of Public Conveniences and other premises including parks, gardens and cemeteries.
- Servicing the Public Conveniences where necessary.
- The role involves carrying out a range of cleaning tasks in order to meet the purpose of the service. This includes but is not limited to; litter-picking, mopping of floors, and the cleaning of sanitary-ware (WC's Urinals and Bowls/Sinks) including unblocking as necessary.
- Replenishing of stock/tissue
- The reporting of repairs and anti-social behaviour issues e.g. finding drug and alcohol paraphernalia, obscene graffiti and vandalism
- Ensuring availability and safe use of the facilities and dealing with or reporting any Health and Safety concerns as they arise
Who is the person?
- You need to hold a full driving licence with no more than penalty 3 points. You will be travel from site to site using a PCC provided vehicle
- You need to be able to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Cleaning experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- You will need to have good communication skills as you will be representing the council and in direct contact with members of the public in what can sometime be challenging situations
- Be flexible and adaptable to change as you may be required to cover different shift patterns and rounds as the service needs, including evenings weekends and bank holidays
- Be physically fit and able to carry out both internal and external cleaning in all weather.Interview process 19th September 2018
- Closing 16th September 2018