Recovery Worker – Wokingham Recovery College
1 posts available – 1 full time (37 hours per week)
Do you want to use your lived experience of mental health to help others?
About the service
Wokingham Recovery College offers free mental health and wellbeing sessions for anyone over 18 living in Wokingham. The College supports individuals to develop knowledge and skills for improving wellbeing, coping with everyday stressors and building confidence. Our workshops are co-produced with people who have lived experience of mental health difficulties. Our aim, as a service, is to provide safe spaces for people to feel heard and connect with others in a non-judgemental environment.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to support people with their mental health and wellbeing. We deliver a wide range of workshops focused on wellbeing, creativity, life skills and next steps. We are continually developing new sessions based on feedback and the interests of students, volunteers and staff. The key duties of this role are as follows:
- To work with staff, students and volunteers to deliver a variety of workshops and peer support groups
- Build supportive relationships with students, engaging them in workshops and supporting them to choose sessions which meet their needs
- Be involved in the continuous development of the service
- Work as part of a small, passionate team
We are looking for individuals with:
- Lived experience of using mental health support
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- An understanding of the Recovery College model and values
We offer training opportunities related to the role, regular supervision and a supportive environment with staff wellbeing as a priority.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a passionate and supportive team!
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.
Alternatively, if you would like to ask any questions about this role please email Nikita Moody at Nikita.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: 712492
Closing date for applications: 30/09/22
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.