Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
Help them write their future…Exciting opportunities with Milton Keynes Council Fostering Service
It’s an exciting time for us in Milton Keynes as we transform and develop our in-house fostering service. We are proud of the fact that increasing numbers of our children in care are placed in-house because they stay local with families we know and trust.
Milton Keynes Council is a great place to work. 90% of our social workers are permanent which is significantly higher than our neighbouring authorities. This is a clear reflection of how we value, support and develop our social workers.
When you join our Fostering Recruitment Team you will be joining a vibrant specialist service with a clear vision. You will be supervised and supported by an experienced manager who will provide you with training and development opportunities.
The role involves…..
- Carrying out assessments to the required standard within timescales for kinship and mainstream carers.
- Supporting care planning for individual children.
- Delivering presentations and core training.
- Leading and supporting marketing campaigns, initiatives including digital and social media and engaging community groups.
- Providing supervision to assistant social workers and students.
Skills required Skills Required
- Proven ability to relate professionally with children and families evidenced through previous work as a social worker.
- Ability to understand, assess and manage risk.
- Ability to work with children and families including working co-operatively with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child.
- Ability to use IT systems effectively.
- Extensive skills and knowledge in listening to children and adults, use of observation in assessments and evidence of analytical and report writing skills.
- Degree in social work or equivalent.
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Knowledge an of the regulatory framework and understanding of how this can raise standards.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a supportive team.
- Fulfil travel requirements relevant to the post.
- This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
- Clear direction, regular supervision coaching and professional development.
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Option to buy more annual leave.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
For further details and to apply, please visit the Milton Keynes Council Careers website and fill in the application form.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 16th September 2018
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.