Darlington Borough Council’s vehicle maintenance team is seeking a HGV Technician.
You will assist in providing a repair and maintenance service to vehicles, plant and equipment, for both internal and external customers.
You should have approximately three years’ experience working as a technician/mechanic on diesel engines, petrol engines, transmissions, hydraulics and electrical and have some heavy goods vehicle fitting experience.
The workshop is open Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 6.00pm (5.30pm on a Friday) and there is a two week shift rota in place, alternating between an early and late shift.
The grade for this post is Craft 1 with an annual salary of £25.055, however the Council have applied a reviewable market supplement which is currently £3,884 per annum.
The rewards for working at the Council go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
- 31 days annual leave
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
- Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
- Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Gary Bennett, Waste and Transport Services Manager, on 01325 406660.