Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Working closely with Elected Membersand Senior Managers from inside and outside the Council you will be responsiblefor leading and managing projects and service improvements for community safetyand domestic abuse in Hillingdon. The service will not only effectively meetstatutory requirements but realises our ambitions working closely with thePolice and other partners to prevent and reduce crime, tackle domestic abuseand work effectively with our community. The post-holder will be knowledgeableabout community safety legislation, policy and procedures, have a strong ‘can-do’attitude and will lead on cross-cutting projects working with a range ofservices both inside and outside of the council to deliver community safety anddomestic abuse priorities.
About the person
You will be a creative andmotivated team player and dynamic individual committed to getting the bestoutcomes for our residents working with statutory, business and voluntarysector partners in the Borough. Proven operational knowledge of community safety,an understanding of commissioning and delivery of domestic abuse strategy andservices and the ability to work with a range of partners / stakeholders are amust along with the drive and ambition to make a difference to the lives of ourresidents.
If you would like to have a brief conversation with the recruiting manager prior to applying, please contact Jacqueline Robertson via email: jrobertson@Hillingdon.gov.ukWe offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Interviews are scheduled to start from week commencing Wednesday 26th September 2018. however this may be subject to change depending on business need.
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy