Internal Audit and Anti-Fraud Apprenticeship Advanced level 3
It is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest, the first London Borough of Culture for 2019. The Council is currently entering a period of extensive investment programme of its assets, including masterplan for its historic Town Hall, introduction of house building, and a number of regeneration programmes across the borough.
About the role
Following a restructure in the Internal Audit and Anti-Fraud Team, we are looking for an Apprentice at Advanced Level 3. This is a great opportunity to provide a professional, proactive, customer focussed business administrative service to our service area.
By shadowing others and under full supervision, you will develop the ability to undertake audit work. You will become familiar with the audit manual and approach, and apply this in practice; you will undertake and understand the processes of risk assessment, audit testing and what constitutes appropriate audit evidence. You will also assist with criminal investigations and undertake initial reviews and enquiries on proactive fraud work, for example, in response to data matching projects.
With supervision and support, the post holder will be able to help deliver against divisional objectives.
Who will you be?
The successful candidate will have a good standard of general education including GCSE C grade maths and English or level 2 equivalent qualifications essential.
They will also have the following qualities:
- Ability to resolve complaints and concerns with support
- Ability to carry out general administration
- Strong IT skills and software packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate recording skills and legible handwriting
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
- Professional dress code
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
Apprenticeship Training to be provided
Apprenticeship training will be provided to achieve Advanced Business and Administration Framework is as follows:
Attendance at college to obtain:
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration, Or Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship (CIPFA and AAT)
- Level 2 IT Functional Skills
- Additional training on handling data, inputting, analysis and how to present data will also be provided
Training provided by the employing department:
This may include training on Council systems, such as OPUS, iWorld, Northgate etc. Successful candidates will also have full access to LBWF internal profession development training
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Kevin Campbell-Scott Anti-Fraud Manager on 020 8496 4487 or Berniece Sarsah, Internal Audit Manager, on 0208 496 8392.
Closing date: 14 September 2018