Aspire Landscape Management Operative - FULL TIME – 40 Hours per week
Salary up to £17,814.00
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our energetic team who are responsible for the successful provision of grounds maintenance services within the Ashford, Kent area.
The work will include grounds maintenance operations, town centre street maintenance duties across the borough, ensuring a quality service is provided that meets customer’s satisfaction, contributing to the borough’s presentation.
To undertake duties in areas in which you are competent and as directed by your team leader and the management team, ensuring standards of work are consistent and compliant with work instructions whilst taking care to ensure that equipment is used maintained safely and securely at all times.
Day to day responsibilities will include:-
- Operation of a range of grounds maintenance equipment
- Grass and hedge cutting.
- Shrub border maintenance
- Ensuing that the client sites are kept clean and tidy and free of litter
The successful candidate will be a reliable, energetic individual with a determined, flexible, "can- do" attitude to complement our existing teams
EDUCATION & TRAINING/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Literacy and writing skills
- Full driving license
- Previous hands on experience of ground maintenance tasks and competent use of grounds maintenance machinery are desirable.
SKILLS /KNOWLEDGE & APPROACH
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and follow instructions
- Can do attitude
- Enthusiastic, flexible and a team player
- Willingness to assist and advise
Closing date 30.09.2018
To apply please visit the jobs page of our website and complete and application form at www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide