Reading Borough Council is looking for an enthusiastic Senior/Consultant Forensic Social Worker, to join our small team of two other Forensic Social Workers, to work with patients in the Reading area.
The role is supported by a close clinical team based at the Oxford Clinic, which provides clinical cover for all of Berkshire’s forensic patients including a variety of inpatient settings (medium secure, low secure and pre-discharge).
About the role:
- You’d be expected to work with individuals with forensic history, subject to various restrictions under Part Three of the Mental Health Act (S.35, 37,41,47,49 etc) within a variety of hospital and community settings, your responsibilities will include;
- Assessing and managing forensic clients who meet the criteria for the service and carrying a small caseload.
- Planning patients’ hospital discharges, transfers, and recalls to hospital. This will include attending CPA meetings, First Tier Mental Health Tribunal’s at a variety of locations in Berkshire, Hampshire, and Oxfordshire.
- The implementation and monitoring of patient’s compliance with conditions, aligned with subsequent reporting to the Ministry of Justice via statutory 12 weekly reports, and on-going communications.
- Undertake the role of ‘Social Supervisor’ in accordance with the Ministry of Justice (Home Office) Guideline, and prepare social reports for the Ministry of Justice as required by statute.
- Attendance and involvement with locality and out of area Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA) meetings.
- Liaison with a wide range of agencies, including the Police service, National Health Service, and all Social Care agencies within Reading Borough Council.
- Ensuring clients receive a holistic multi-disciplinary assessment of needs and service provision.
- Endeavour to engage clients in a supportive and therapeutic manner.
- Maintain effective communication with professional, clients and carers.
- Ensure safe and effective handover to relevant professionals.
- Provide advice and consultation to colleagues and CMHT staff on forensic issues.
- Participate in provision of AMHP or BIA service rota if appropriate.
For further information about the role please contact Valbona Demiri, AMHP & Social Care Team Lead on 0118 960 5612.
Closing date: 16 September 2018
Interview date: not before 25 September 2018
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.