Take the next step in your career
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Housing team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Job Title: Specialist – Housing (Principal Housing Specialist)
Salary: Grade 8 - £41,591 - £45,648
Hours: 37 per week - Fixed term/Secondment until 31st March 2023
(Job share will be considered)
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we’re looking for…
This role will be both demanding and rewarding.
- You will work closely with the People Manager and Director of Service Delivery to provide technical leadership.
- You will work closely alongside other specialists and the case team to reduce homelessness and increase homeless prevention.
- You will work with partners to ensure effective use of resources.
- You will provide technical mentoring and support, encourage transfer of specialist knowledge, share best practice, new legislation and associated.
- Able to problem solve effectively in fast moving, high pressure situations
- You will liaise with the Members on key issues and be confident at presenting to wide range of audiences.
Please contact Kirsty Larkins, Director of Service Delivery on 01935 462744 or Sam Wenden de Lira, People Manager, Service Delivery on 01935 462346 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
Closing Date: 19th August 2022, 5pm
Interview Date: TBC
Job Reference: 2119
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.