There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We’ve got ambitious targets to meet and to achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are ready to deliver the very best for our communities. Our vision is to secure the best possible future for our residents, defined by the community prosperity we create and supported by our excellent people and services. If you strive to #BeTheDifference and want to be at the heart of our change and improvement journey, then this could be the perfect job for you.
About the role:
In this role, you'll support the Independent Reviewing Officers within Wirral Children's Safeguarding Unit. You will minute Initial Child Protection Conferences and reviews and other multi agency meetings.
About the candidate:
We are looking for someone who can work flexibly within a busy team capturing minutes for multi agency meetings which can be highly confidential and of a sensitive nature. You'll need to be qualified in Numeracy and Literacy (GCSE level or equivalent experience) and have experience working in taking minutes. Your experience should include personal organisation and team working.
- Numeracy and Literacy (GCSE level or equivalent experience).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with colleagues, agencies and the public
- Ability to work on own initiative, work effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines to meet the demands of the service
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise workload to meet the demands of the service.
- Experience of diary management
- Demonstrable experience in the use of IT packages
- Experience of effective minute taking and co-ordinating meetings
- Experience of electronically procuring goods and services, ensuring best value
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to maintain appropriate staffing levels
- Good understanding of Confidentiality.#
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Must be able to travel around the Wirral using public or private transport
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service
- Ability to deal with listening to and taking down details about complex and sometimes distressing/abusive situations relating to the safeguarding of children whilst remaining professional in approach
Above all you will be looking to improve the way we engage with our employees/residents/customers to ensure they are at the heart of everything we do.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract for 18 months.
For more information, please contact Kate Davies firstname.lastname@example.org / 0151 666 4351
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
The successful applicant must have the ability to converse with members of the public and provide advice in accurate, spoken English
This post is subject to Enhanced Level DBS check.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.