Working as part of a team, you will deliver excellent customer service to library customers, ensuring all information services and resources are available to members of the public.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and confident person who is happy to work in a customer facing role. You will be competent using computer packages for logging and searching for information. You will be organised and comfortable in assisting customers to issue and return books and tidying shelves. You will be flexible to assist with ad hoc library activities as required.
Please ensure that you are able to work the hours on the attached rota before applying.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 31st August 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Mary Malone, Library Manager on 0300 123 4049.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Please note that due to Covid-19 we are currently holding interviews via Microsoft Teams. It is your responsibility to ensure you will have access to a reliable device that includes camera and microphone so that you can take part in the Microsoft Teams interview process.
Please ensure you are able to work the hours on the attached rota before applying
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen.
As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and answer the questions (provided below) which will be your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match with what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline.
In no more than 200 words (per question) please answer the following Key Questions to support your application:
- Knowledge and Experience: What knowledge & experience do you have of working in a customer focussed environment?
- Customer Service: Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service while promoting/ supporting an event
- Organisation: Tell us how you have organised and prioritised tasks and been methodical both individually and as part of the team, and how you have used initiative and problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- IT Skills: Tell us how you use IT and how you may have helped others to use IT.
PLEASE NOTE: Before proceeding with your application please have answers to the above questions ready. All questions marked with a (red) * are mandatory question and must be answered – you will not be able to submit your application until all mandatory questions have been answered.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.