Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm
Start date: September 2022
Hill Park is a special school for pupils aged 4 - 16 years with moderate (MLD), severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Some pupils also have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition (ASC), complex medical needs or physical disabilities, attachment disorders and emotional needs.
About the role
We are a warm, friendly and welcoming school with a supportive and caring staff, who work closely as a team.
We require a caring, friendly receptionist who has past experience of working in a busy office. As the first point of contact for the school, it is important the applicant has a professional, positive and friendly attitude.
Candidates should be able to provide evidence of:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of a range of ICT packages, including Microsoft Office and Office365 email system
- Knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System) and previous experience of working within a school office would be advantageous.
- Good organisational and time management skills and able to use their own initiative
- Flexible, adaptable and understand what makes a good team
- Having a positive attitude to pupils with special needs including challenging behaviour
We take safeguarding and child protection seriously and all posts at Hill Park are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 22nd August
Interview date: Wednesday 24th August
Enquiries and How to Apply:
Completed application forms accepted by email direct to the School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 422855
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.