Contracts Officer, Digital & ICT Team
18-month Fixed Term Contract
Full time 37 hours
RG7m (scp 33-39) gateway at scp 36
£37,568 to £43,570
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We have strengthened and expanded the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing, and secure.
The contracts officer will support the development of the contract management best practice framework and subsequent implementation in the Digital and ICT team, to help deliver the best overall value possible from contracts, including social value.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
This post will assist the DICT Performance & Contracts Manager in the active commercial management of the Council’s contracts for the provision of the Council’s ICT Services and management of reporting and development of Council service level agreement(s) for the provision of technology support services
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Actively support change projects that improve quality and performance in our contract management approach
- Input to the development, implementation and embedding of standards and processes
- Assisting in building and embedding contract management governance
- Support the management of the contracts and the relationship with suppliers
- Co-ordinate performance information for the support services being supplied and their service level agreements
- The management and administration of DICT-related information and within the Council’s Contracts Management system
- Assist in the maintenance of the DICT related Procurement Sections of the Council’s public website and internal intranet
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
- Experienced in managing strategically important, complex contracts in the public or private sector, including experience of effective change management, performance management and commercial negotiation with proven results.
- Relevant experience within a complex organisation, managing high-value and complex projects or long-term outsourcing or services agreements including experience of use and development of contract management ICT systems
- Computer literate including experience of using IT systems and Microsoft Office software
- Good analytical skills, interpreting and presenting data, problem solving.
- Relevant professional qualification, such as IACCM (International Association for Contract and Commercial Management), or a recognised business qualification desirable.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24th Aug
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.