Outreach Support Worker - Netherton Activity Centre
Permanent - Full Time (includes some weekend and evening work)
Reference: post number 017898
An exciting opportunity has arisen working with the Aiming High Short Breaks team. The purpose of the role is to design, develop and deliver a comprehensive programme of short break opportunities that reflect the needs of disabled children, young people, their parents and carers. This is a Borough-wide role.
We are seeking applicants with knowledge and experience of working with children with a range of disabilities. You will have a positive approach to the strengths, abilities, likes and dislikes of the children and young people. You will ensure that the children and young people are at the centre of the activities provided. You will recognise the vulnerabilities of individual children and young people and be committed to promoting their independence responsibly.
You will have:
- NVQ level 3 in childcare or equivalent
- Experience of delivering and evaluating leisure opportunities for disabled children and young people
- A working understanding of child safeguarding policy and practice
- Experience of working constructively in partnership with parents and carers and professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports and plans to a high standard
- Ability to work energetically and creatively to improve services
- Full, current driving licence
- Willingness to undertake relevant training commensurate with the post including Paediatric First Aid, information compliance, child safeguarding and relevant computer packages and applications
This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitatation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced DBS is required.
Equal opportunities: All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this post (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited for interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.