Cronton Parish Council
Vacancy for a Part-time Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Cronton Parish Council serves the village of Cronton, which has a population of 1,500. It is a forward thinking and active council with 8 elected and co-opted members.
On the retirement of the Clerk, we are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to the Council. The Clerk is the Proper Officer of the Council and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and financial affairs of the Council.
The successful applicant should have a good level of education, with good communication, IT, Excel and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of meeting administration and working to deadlines. Experience in a local government environment would be an advantage.
Holding the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is desirable but not essential. Support and training will be offered.
The role will include:
- Meeting administration which includes preparation and distribution of agendas, report writing, minute taking and offering procedural advice where required.
- Managing the Council’s finance, keeping financial (receipts and payments) records, preparing financial reports, budget control and annual return.
- Maintaining paper and electronic files, updating the Council’s documents on the website (training will be provided), and coordinating the publication of the village newsletter.
- Dealing with correspondence and enquiries, communicating with councillors, residents, local groups, local authorities and agencies.
- Reviewing the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Providing independent and objective advice on governance and procedural matters.
- Dealing with VAT, HMRC basic tools and pension fund returns.
Terms and Conditions
This is a part-time position with 14 hours per week. Attendance at evening meetings (Monday 1-2 times per month) will be a requirement. The role is permanent subject to a 6-month probationary period. Pay scales SCPS 13-17 (£23,023 - £24,920/pa - pro rata), depending on qualifications and experience. Pension - can opt into a Pension scheme after probation.
Excellent opportunity for someone wishing to work in the office and from home, flexible hours and seeking a new vocation.
- For an informal discussion of the role please contact the Chairman Councillor Dave Rostance on 07702 208 885
- To apply and for further information, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- Alternatively access the recruitment pack at
Closing Date: Friday 30 September 2022