Undergraduate Engineer - Industrial Placement
Full Time - Fixed Term until 31st August 2023
Grade: SC3 Salary: 22575 - 22983
You must have completed the first 2 years of your Civil Engineering degree and be looking for a 1 year industrial placement before returning for your final year at University.
Highway Services is part of the Place department, under the responsibility of the Director – Environment and operational Services. It provides Enfield with the operational capacity to manage the Council’s highway infrastructure and associated assets. Highway Services also provides a consultancy service for the project management, design and supervision of Environmental and Civil Engineering projects from inception to completion. The service provides professional expert advice and local knowledge.
The post of Undergraduate Engineer may be placed within any of the groups and teams within Highway Services according to varying levels of workload and resource requirements.
You will be required to assist with the delivery of a range of projects from inception to completion through the application of specialist skills. This will include inspections and surveys, feasibility and options studies, design, site supervision, project management, contract administration and financial control, with the appropriate guidance from more senior officers.
You will be expected to keep clear records of all training and development obtained whilst in post will be inspected and certified at regular intervals. You should actively support continuous improvement and the implementation of automation and efficient way of working. However, you will be under the guidance of your Principal and Senior Engineers and on your own initiative.
You should have the ability to effectively communicate with residents and other third parties and capable of dealing with relevant queries.
You must also be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be able to prioritise workloads and be adaptable to change.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 14th August 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Fouad Khazen on 0208 132 0962 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Debola Olufon on 020 8132 0619 or email email@example.com