We are an Ofsted graded Outstanding council because we are passionate about improving the well being of our vulnerable children. Your experience will help continue to shape and develop our aspirational goals
We're always looking for better ways of doing things. You're going to have a big impact on what we do, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work. We want to help our most vulnerable families to get their lives firmly on track. We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
- We are a small team of experienced social workers working closely together and committed to maintaining a clear focus on meeting the statutory requirements embedded in, for example, the BF Child Protection Procedures, Working Together, Keeping Children Safe in Education and the IRO Handbook to support positive outcomes for children on child protection plans, children in care and children at risk of harm from adults in the workplace.
- We maintain high aspirations for all our children, developing strong partnership working to ensure our children are safe within their families and outside and achieving their full potential in stable care arrangements. We offer high support to families holistically and high challenge to achieve this.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To support the Head of Service in providing strong leadership for the service area, based on a clear vision of the outcomes to be achieved for children on child protection plans, looked after children and allegations against staff and volunteers and the ways in which this will be done.
- To ensure the service has effective operational and strategic relationships with Childrens Social Care, other council departments, partner agencies and the third sector, with regard to looked after children and safeguarding and child protection. This will include development of strategies to improve performance.
- To maintain effective monitoring and quality assurance within the team to ensure CLA reviews, child protection conferences and ASVs are conducted in accordance with policy and regulations and to the standards set within the service and council.
- To directly contribute to the Quality Assurance Framework (QAF). To maintain processes and mechanisms for measuring, reporting on and monitoring, to assure and improve the quality of practice within the team and across CSC.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for an experienced, confident and reliable person who is committed and passionate about delivering better outcomes for our children and families. You will have experience in managing a Conference and Reviewing team including Allegations against Staff and Volunteers.
Interviews will be held on 30 August 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Kogie Perumall, Head of Quality Assurance; 01344352767
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework
Social Work England registration fees can be claimed back from the Council
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria
No agencies please