An exciting opportunity has arisen within our restructured finance team for a motivated individual. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Strategy, the Senior Financial will manage a team of up to 2 staff. You will:
- Assist with the Council’s financial planning function to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, cost effective and timely service, including the production of regular corporate budget monitoring and medium term financial strategy (MTFS) reports
- Analyse and advise of proposals for spending, savings or other service and corporate initiatives
- Contribute to the critical review of policy options and proposals to be considered during budget development and the MTFS cycle
- complete or support as appropriate, the completion of relevant complex grant and statistical returns, including guidance on accounting and audit arrangements
- Undertake complex budget modelling, sensitivity analysis and scenario testing as part of the development of the budget strategy, and other corporate and strategic initiatives
- Take a lead role in the analysis and financial interpretation of appropriate Government announcements and determinations.
The successful candidate will
- Be a part qualified accountant, commenced studying towards a CCAB or equivalent qualification or AAT qualified
- Have knowledge and understanding of financial planning, management and financial framework in a large organisation – preferably local government
- have staff management experience
- good communication skills
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated finance professionals?
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities – Hybrid working is operated within the team
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Career progression opportunities
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The finance team structure was implemented in 2021. The Strategy Team is responsible for strategic and corporate finance including budget planning and budget monitoring.
For further information please contact Catherine Peter on 020 3045 3730 or e-mail Catherine.peter@bexley,gov.uk
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.