We are looking to recruit 2 Full Time Project Mangers (1 x Permanent and 1 Fixed Term for 12 months) to our well-established Transformation Team in Adult Care and Health.
The Adults' Transformation Programme is one of the core corporate programmes of change. It is responsible for driving change, innovation and transformation within Adult Care and Health Services.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
There are two equally strong drivers for the portfolio of work - the efficiency and savings targets we are faced with, and an ambition to improve and modernise our services to ensure that they fit with our vision of maximising independence, are tailored to the individual and their unique needs, and to capitalise on local networks and support.
The overall programme focuses on a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to - the transformation of specific needs led services; supporting the ongoing development of the market to deliver best value and quality services to meet the needs of our residents; reviewing our processes and procedures; maximising the use of technology to meet our needs as a business; and rolling out new ways of working.
To achieve the desired outcomes for these projects, we are looking for two ambitious and motivated Project Managers, with a proven record of delivery, preferably with knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Transforming Adult Social Care or Health operational services
- Delivering efficiencies and savings in a social care/health environment
- Integrating services within health and social care
- Change projects within Adult Social Care/Health or Commissioning
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and creativity are strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
This role offers Agile/Hybrid Working – you have the opportunity to work from home and the Civic Offices in Reading
Please indicate in your supporting statement if you are applying for the Permanent or Fixed Term role.
Closing date: 14th August 2022
Shortlisting: Week commencing 15th August 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 22nd August 2022
If you are interested in this position and want more information, please contact the Senior Transformation Project Managers Karla Vickers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Michael Beakhouse (Michael.email@example.com).
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.