Here at Longhill High School, we have begun a journey to outstanding and we are looking for enthusiastic, determined and inspiring staff to join us. We pride ourselves on having a bespoke staff training programme which supports further development and learning.
A unique opportunity has arisen for Data Analysis & Exams Apprentice.
Longhill High School have an exciting opportunity for a Level 4 apprentice in Data Analyst. The Department is responsible for co-ordinating and running the school’s exams and producing data.
About the role
The Data Analyst at level 4 is delivered by Chichester College Group who is responsible for supporting you with your learning and carrying out assessments. You will receive additional support from a nominated mentor, throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices will gain knowledge enable to;
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- manipulate and link different data sets as required
- interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and
- procedures to data management activities
- collect and compile data from different sources
- perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
- use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling
- techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- assist production of performance dashboards and reports
- assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
Apprentices without evidence of level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completing training and you may be required to take an English and Maths assessment prior to a formal offer being made.
Flexible working is supported where possible, local government salary-related pension offered, a child care voucher scheme as well the benefits of gaining staff discounts around the City and through many of the UK’s largest retailers and accessing other services. As an Apprentice you are also eligible to gain an apprentice NUS card and can take advantage of the Catch the bus4work scheme.
The duration of the apprenticeship will be 24 months
Please apply using the support staff application form and answer the branching questions within the job pack in section 5 of the application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th August 2022
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
In order to apply for an apprenticeship, you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years on the first day of the apprenticeship (or this includes EEA for UK or EEA Nationals with pre-settled or Settled Status) or have some other residency eligibility status. Please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK for a full list of residency categories and locations
If you are resident through a visa, leave to remain or other means please confirm type and that any expiry date covers the duration of the apprenticeship once it is due to start. Those on a student visa or non-UK/non EEA nationals who have been here in the last three years for other educational purposes may not be eligible. For further information regarding apprenticeship eligibility please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.