The starting salary for this role is £36,282 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a difference and join one of the country’s largest and most innovative Trading Standards services. We have a vacancy for a Senior Trading Standards Officer in our Protection Team. Working in a dedicated team of investigators will give you the opportunity to use your knowledge and investigative skills to help protect the public and legitimate businesses from criminal predators. You will be investigating complaints across the breadth of Trading Standards legislation.
The Trading Standards service exists to:
- protect individuals, communities and businesses from harm and financial loss
- help businesses to thrive by maintaining a fair trading environment
- improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities
- fulfil our statutory responsibilities to deliver consumer and public protection services across Buckinghamshire and Surrey
Within the Service, the Protection Team tackle fraudulent, illegal and unfair trading practices and protect the most vulnerable. Holding the trading standards qualification, or equivalent, you will be an experienced and knowledgeable officer. You will have the ability to lead investigations into a wide range of complex criminal matters.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence
- Experience of complex investigations.
- An ability to interpret a broad range of Trading Standards legislation.
- Flexibility to work on multiple investigations at one time.
- Hold a recognised Trading Standards qualification. and be a current Chartered Trading Standards Professional.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 30th September 2022.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
For an informal discussion please contact Gina Green on 07983 463562 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.