Information is one of the most important assets West Berkshire Council (WBC) possesses. Ensuring the security, integrity, and confidentiality of this information is paramount.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and competent individual to coordinate and manage the Council’s corporate policies, systems, activities and processes in respect to Information Security, and to advise, lead, and support IT and cyber-security activities within the ICT service.
Main duties will include:-
- Manage, develop, and maintain Information Security Management Systems for the Council, including:
- Develop, and maintain Information Security policies, standards, and procedures
- Coordinate the Security Group Meetings and provide reports to Corporate Board
- Act as internal information security consultant to the Council and staff
- Maintain knowledge of the Data Protection Act, and liaise internally with the Data Protection Officer and other information stakeholders
- Develop and deliver Information Security Training to staff and maintain organisational awareness of information security
- Manage, develop and maintain Information Security Management Systems within ICT, including:
- Commissioning of external IT Health Check(s) / Penetration Testing
- Management of any remediation / security improvement work required for ongoing compliance with PSN Code of Connection
- Ensure ICT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes are aligned to Council priorities
- Project management / coordination of information security related activities
- Maintain awareness of cyber-security threats and risks
- Assist with operation and management of ICT information security systems
Educated to degree level, you should have at least 3 years experience within an IT Security or Information Security related role within a large, diverse organisation.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more! You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Simon Arter, Acting Deputy Operations Manager on 01635 503032.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications