Mansel Primary Academy - Chaucer Road, Sheffield S5 9QN
Steel City Schools Partnership
Within our Multi Academy Trust there are currently 5 vibrant academies which are led by a strong and visionary Board of Trustees, Governing Bodies and the CEO, all of whom are driven by a passion for leading and developing a strong team which ensures positive outcomes for children and their communities.
The Trust is currently recruiting for a Headteache at Mansel Primary Academy
Fox Hill is a successful school (Ofsted Good - July 2015) with a 5 year upward trend in KS2 outcomes. In 2017 the school recorded progress outcomes above national and this trend continued in 2018.
Greenhill is an improving school (Ofsted Requires Improvement – December 2015) and since joining SCSP in February 2018 has made progress towards raising the outcomes for the learners. Results in 2018 were more positive in some aspects than in 2017.
Mansel is a strong school (Ofsted Good - January 2017) having benefited from strong leadership and support over the past years. In 2016, 2017 and 2018, Mansel recorded continued improved outcomes across all key stages with progress measures all above or significantly above average in 2018.
Monteney (Ofsted Good – June 2016) is a National Support School with a track record of Innovation and Leadership development with outcomes and progress above or significantly above national. Outcomes and progress in 2018 were above national by the end of KS2.
Windmill Hill Primary (Ofsted Good – November 2014) joined SCSP in February 2018 after a period of time working in conjunction with key leaders. Results in 2018 improved at GLD and there were gains in the number of pupils working at Greater Depth and Higher Standard.
Steel City Schools Partnership seeks an Academy Headteacher who:
- In collaboration with the CEO and Trustees, can articulate and role model a clear vision for the Academy within the Trust for the development of education to meet the demands of a rapidly changing agenda, one which we are shaping ourselves.
- Will provide leadership and management which enables the Trust to give every child high quality education and which promotes the highest possible standards of achievement and attainment.
- Will secure the long term success of the Academy by maximising potential through the skills and resources available from across the partnership and beyond.
- Builds leadership capacity in the Academy.
- Contributes to the work of Steel City Schools Partnership and our wider partners including our Teaching School Alliances – Wickersley (Learners First), Hoyland Common and High View (TYKES) and Outwood (OIE).
- Will deliver specialist continuous professional development across the partnership at all levels.
- Work within the Trust in its ongoing development of a primary phase transformation model.
In return Steel City Schools Partnership can offer you:
- Wonderful children.
- A cutting edge, innovative executive leadership team to support school to school improvement.
- Keen, passionate and well-motivated staff teams who are eager to learn and involve themselves in all aspects of Academy and Trust life.
- A warm, welcoming ethos based on collaboration, care and respect for all.
- Parents who are keen to engage with and contribute to their children’s learning.
- Strong links with schools within the immediate family of schools, locality and beyond.
- The opportunity to co-create, implement and share new and innovative practice.
- A fully supportive Board of Trustees and Local Governing Body, committed to improving outcomes for all.
- The challenge of shaping and implementing an Academy and Trust vision, with the support of the CEO, Principals, Headteachers, Board of Trustees and Governing Body.
Please note that successful candidates will be appointed to the Trust and as such can be deployed at any site across the Partnership as directed by the CEO. In the first instance this role will be based at Mansel Primary.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will take up post from January 2019. An earlier start, where possible, would also be considered.
Informal discussions about the role and visits to the Mansel site are warmly welcomed and encouraged. These can be arranged by contacting Mrs Nicola Shipman, CEO on firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates arranged for informal visits are: Monday 10th September, Thursday 13th September and Tuesday 18th September.
You can find further information about Steel City Schools Partnership and the individual schools by visiting the website: www.steel-city-schools-partnership.org where you will be able to download an application pack and all details regarding the post.
Completed application packs should be returned to:
Steel City Schools Partnership
Mansel Headteacher Application
FAO Julie Higginbottom
Closing Date: 12 noon Thursday 20th September 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 20th September 2018
Recruitment Process: Thursday 27th and Friday 28th September 2018
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1074 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulation.