Are you excited by unique challenges? Do you consider yourself to be an innovator? Then you may be our ideal candidate for our Collections Manager. This role would best suit someone with a wealth of experience in collections management, who is interested in the way objects can influence the historical narrative. The successful candidate will be adept at juggling multiple priorities, while finding new, innovative ways of working to achieve them.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure The Amelia’s collections are being cared for in line with all relevant standards and practices both on site, and off-site – as well as providing support for relevant partner organisations.
- Commence a review of The Amelia’s historic collections and archive – producing recommendations for its ongoing care, and content as well as identifying any gaps within it
- Provide strategic and creative leadership, setting benchmarks of best practice in collections and display development & design, interpretation and digital media
- Undertake collections-based projects planned as part of our National Lottery Heritage Funded Activity Plan
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of collections development and management, including acquisitions, collections care, security, environmental, conservation, documentation, access, interpretation, presentation and loans
- Line management of four other collections staff
The post holder will be required to work the occasional evening and weekend. This post will be a Duty Manager and will be a ‘key holding’ post. Staff at The Amelia work 5 days in 7, as our services are open every day of the week.
Additional benefits for this post include 26 days annual leave increasing to 29 days after five years continuous Local Government service), plus an additional day in December. Membership of the Local Government (CARE – Career Average (Revalued Earnings) Pension Scheme, as well as invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development. Take a look here at the additional benefits that we offer.
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it’s like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncil
Closing Date: 14th August 2022
Interview Date: 25th and 22nd August 2022
How to Apply
We only accept online applications. If you require access to a computer and/or the internet, you can use our facilities free of charge at The Amelia Scott. Please call ahead to book an appointment Tel. 01892 554171.
Please follow the link below to submit your application.
Tunbridge Wells – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employee and volunteers to share this commitment.