ENVIRONMENTAL AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
COMMUNICATIONS AND CULTURE – CUSTOMER SERVICES TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICES ADVISOR
GRADE D £20,852 to £23,484 per year
37 HOURS PER WEEK
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time vacancy in the Council’s Customer Services Team and we are looking for a person who can provide excellent customer service to residents, businesses and visitors, whether face to face, by email, on-line or on the telephone.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Being able to work in a flexible manner and able to provide cover at either of the Council’s two Town Halls, including the busy contact centre.
- Responding to all customer enquiries in a timely way providing accurate information or referring on as appropriate, and providing information and support in response to enquiries from members of the public about a wide range of Council services.
- Providing an effective and efficient service, taking payments and helping customers to access the Council’s on-line forms.
Previous experience in a customer services environment is essential. You will be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to customer service, with the ability to deal with customers diplomatically in difficult situations, to achieve positive outcomes and meet the needs of customers. The ability to work as part of a team is essential with a positive attitude and the ability to use your own initiative and take ownership of a problem to achieve the best possible outcome.
Initially the role will be based at the contact centre, Long Eaton Town Hall, but will require the flexibility to work at Ilkeston Town Hall when required.
The post will involve working on a rota where start times and end times mean cover is provided from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days per year and rising to a maximum of 32 days after 5 years. Other benefits include:-
- Free workplace car parking within the borough.
- Opportunities for training, learning and continuous professional development.
- Family friendly and flexible working policies available.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Subsidised leisure membership with the Fit for Work scheme.
Please note this post requires the successful candidate to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and Baseline Personnel Security Standard check.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 14th August 2022.
To apply please visit http://www.erewash.gov.uk/job-search
Alternatively an application form and job description is available from Personnel, Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE7 5RP, telephone: 0115 931 6049 (24 hr voicemail), e-mail: email@example.com
If you are a current employee of Erewash Borough Council and you wish to apply for this vacancy, you must apply through your Employee Self Service account. If you do not have access to Employee Self Service, you must complete a paper or word version of Erewash Borough Council’s job application form.
The Council is positive about disabled people and those who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview.
The Council also supports the Armed Forces Covenant and those who have previously worked in the armed forces and meet the essential shortlisting criteria will be guaranteed an interview. Please ensure that you make it clear on your application form that you wish to be considered under this criteria.