This is a unique, exciting and interesting role, working for Wokingham Borough Council, the managing agent managing social housing homes, on behalf of Wokingham Borough Councils wholly owned housing companies.
Wokingham Borough Councils wholly owned subsidiaries Wokingham Housing Limited, Loddon Homes and Berrybrook Homes develop these homes and the council manages these homes under a management agreement. The homes are a mix of general needs, extra care and supported housing.
In this role, you will manage the properties on behalf of the wholly owned companies. The duties include:
• delivering a personalised landlord service to residents
• attending handovers of new dwellings
• signing up tenants
• carrying out new tenancy visits
• investigating cases of anti-social behaviour
• carry out periodic inspections of communal areas
• establish effective liaison with officers from Wokingham Housing Limited
• work as part of a team, assisting other housing officers with general housing management duties
• attending meetings with officers from Wokingham Housing Limited and providing performance information and other information as requested
In order to be successful in this role, you must have experience of managing social housing homes or experience in the letting and management of homes in the private rented sector.
The person appointed, must be;
• Well organised with the ability to work under pressure
• An experienced housing professional
• Great at communicating with many audiences
• Good at problem solving
• Professional and smartly dressed
• Able to build relationships with other teams and departments within the council and with other stakeholders
• Committed to tenant involvement, working closely with the Resident Involvement team and Involved tenants
A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential.
In return we can offer a competitive salary, 27 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, Flexi time, contributory pension, training & progression opportunities, and a modern working environment.
Closing date: 11pm 14th September 2018
For more information about the role please contact Audley Phillips on 07801 664560
Selection for this vacancy will be via the Council’s Competency framework, to view this, please visit http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/our-jobs/how-to-apply/
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711258
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.