Are you passionate about candidate sourcing and attraction? Are you able to adapt your approach in an ever-changing, complex and varied environment? Do you establish credible relationships with a diverse range of people?
If so, we’d like to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
You will promote Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service as an employer of choice by developing and implementing effective recruitment processes, in line with legislative requirements, best practice and through the incorporation of the Service’s positive action agenda. This will include engaging with different communities, promoting progression and opportunity.
What skills are we looking for?
You will be an expert who enjoys and has a talent for recruitment. You are detail oriented and able to work well under pressure, you are able to meet deadlines without compromising on quality and always ensure compliance with legislation. You will be a natural problem solver, with excellent communication skills and a desire to constantly strive for improvements.
You will need to be an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or have significant experience in Recruitment.
You will have in-depth experience of using a wide range of candidate attraction techniques, developing and delivering high quality recruitment campaigns and processes whilst utilising a wide range of assessment and interviewing techniques.
Ability to attend sites across Bedfordshire is also essential.
We offer a competitive salary alongside a wealth of other fantastic benefits which include:
- Flexi-time scheme to support your work-life balance, including flexible start and finish times, variable lunch breaks and flexi-leave days
- Hybrid working with a mix of home and office based working
- Employee-friendly policies including flexible working and enhanced maternity leave
- Access to a secure career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme, which includes a generous employer contribution as well as life cover and survivors pension
- Holiday allowance of 24 days* (plus public holidays) on joining; increasing to 29 days* after 5 years' service and 31 days after 10 years' service (pro rota if part time or irregular working pattern)
- Subsidised catering facilities providing hot and cold meals
- Free access to onsite gym facilities after induction, including access during lunch breaks
- Free onsite parking
- Training and Development and much more!
Note: Employees joining Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service who are moving from, another government body, or local authority may be entitled to retain their previous service for the purpose of continuity of some contractual entitlements including holiday allowance
If you are a leader determined to make a difference by promoting and influencing others to ensure a culture of equality that respects, values and celebrates diversity in the workplace, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 11th August 2022
Interview date: Friday 19 August 2022
We are an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion please contact Karen Heard, Resourcing Manager on 01234 331729
Please click the apply button below where you will be redirected to our website.
Here you will need to submit an up-to-date CV, which shows your full career history including any gaps in employment. We also require a supporting statement no more than three pages demonstrating how you meet all the essential criteria listed in the Person Specification contained within the Job Description found below.