Employee Relations Advisor
28.8 hours per week (working pattern is open to discussion)
Salary: SO2 £32,418-£34,209 (pro rata)
We are seeking to recruit a HR Employee Rations Advisors to work with our HR Business Partner Team. This is a great opportunity to showcase and develop your existing HR/People skills and knowledge as part of a friendly and supportive HR team, helping to drive culture change and facilitate service improvements across a large and diverse London Borough Council.
Working closely with line managers from a wide range of services you will regularly exercise your creative problem-solving and relationship building skills. There is plenty of variety and challenge, ranging from complex disciplinary, grievance and absence casework, to delivering workshops for managers contributing to HR projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward-looking HR professional with demonstrable experience of handling a variety of casework in a fast-moving HR environment and the ability to prioritise and manage own workload. You will have good knowledge of employment law and best HR practice and above all be a team player with a good sense of humour, who is willing to be flexible in their approach, providing business focussed solutions to managers to support service delivery.
In return we can offer you good opportunities for development and career progression, flexible working (including remote working,) 26 days annual leave rising to 31 after5 years’ service.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Thursday 11th August 2022
Interviews dates: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Temi Bolorunduro on 0204 526 7153 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Flora Stevens on 0208 132 1030 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.