The council’s Revenues & Benefits service are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic paralegal candidate with a Revs & Bens background who shares our organisations values and behaviours. The successful candidate will join our Corporate Debt Recovery Team, on a full-time basis, overseeing the work of the team members.
As the Senior Corporate Debt Recovery (Court) Officer, you will report to the Debt Recovery Team Manager and work very closely with our partners and other teams. The post holder must have detailed knowledge of the Collection and Enforcement process for Council Tax, Business Rates and Sundry Debtors including representing the Council at Magistrate and County Court hearings.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess:
- experience dealing with the Magistrate’s and County Courts
- detailed knowledge of local taxation and associated government regulations
- a high level of written and verbal skills
- the skillset to effectively negotiate and resolve complex customer queries
- the ability to deal with referrals and escalated queries from staff
- the ability to manage workloads of the wider Corporate Debt Recovery Team
- the confidence and skillset to investigate and respond to reports and concerns from members of the community and elected members ensuring effective case management
- the ability and desire to meet the council’s flexible and agile working aspirations, having a home environment suitable for hybrid working
The postholder will also be required to build strong relationships whilst engaging with internal departments, voluntary sector organisations, customers and elected members; using feedback to improve service delivery.
Package includes access to Local Government Pension Scheme, 28 days annual leave, Perkbox benefits, agile home/office working and professional development.
If you feel you have the necessary experience, skills, and qualities it takes, then we would like to hear from you.
Interviews will take place for shortlisted candidates week commencing 26 September
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.