About The Job
Salary: £37,568 to £40,578 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Interview Date: TBC
As an Senior Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Work as part of a strong and dynamic Occupational therapy service.
- Be required to undertake strengths-based assessments as directed by Care Act 2014.
- Be expected to use up to date evidence-based practice to inform your intervention and where appropriate carry out risk assessments and undertake assessments under the Mental capacity Act and/or Deprivation of Liberty safeguards.
- Ensure the reablement programme is monitored and reviewed and the person's outcomes are met.
- Maintain continual professional development (CPD) and sharing best practice with colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for residents in West Sussex is key.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to manage complex and sensitive situations.
Are you resilient, adaptable, and looking for a dynamic position within a supportive service that innovates and grows? If so, take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Senior Occupational Therapist!
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Experience of working proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate strengths-based assessment of needs in complex situations and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes (in line with relevant legislation).
- Demonstrable evidence of leadership skills when working in partnership with people, carers, colleagues, and a variety of external agencies in complex situations to meet people's outcomes.
- Experience of managing situations with complex and competing risks, utilising a risk enablement approach, and using evidence-based practice.
- Experience of analysis and interpretation of complex people related information and data to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Experience of contributing to or undertaking safeguarding enquiries.
- Ability to supervise and develop the capabilities of unregistered and registered practitioners including contributing to performance management. Mentor and coach students and apprentices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide clear advice and guidance and interventions.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice, and supervision, and to prioritise and organise work and meet agreed performance expectations.
- Sound and accurate IT skills to ensure effective record keeping, compliant with data protection and respecting confidentiality.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Diploma/BSc Occupational Therapy or recognised equivalent OccupationalTherapy qualification.
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience of undertaking assessments in complex situations and occupational therapy intervention planning, implementation, and review by means of creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Extensive experience of working in partnership with those who access the service and maintaining a focus on the needs and strengths of the people, and the outcomes they want to achieve, whilst handling conflict and disagreement.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- Up to 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.