Huntingdon – currently working a hybrid system of home and in the office.
We are currently seeking experienced Town Planners from either a private or public sector background to join our planning service in a senior capacity. As a progressive authority with a reputation for quality, we are looking for an individual to join our Development Management Team as a Senior Development Management Officer.
Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the Planning Sector and is ready to move on to a more complex Senior Development Management role. This post plays a central role in managing key planning projects within this thriving local authority. Our Development Teams work on a range of exciting and innovate schemes which are shaping the future of Huntingdonshire.
You will need the following experience and attributes:
- An accomplished Town Planner with knowledge of Planning legislation, S106 agreements and Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Able to establish effective project management from policy interpretation through the pre-application process through to on-site delivery.
- Experienced in working on planning appeals and of the political environment in which the planning system operates.
- Knowledgeable in handling a range of development proposals with varying complexity and scale
- A highly motivated, flexible and versatile individual looking to make this position their own.
The 2 Area Development Management teams operate within a wider Development structure which covers a district of over 90,000 hectares. As the largest district in Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire is home to over 177,000 residents, with more than 78,000 homes and over 9,000 local business units supporting 85,000 jobs across more than 80 towns, villages and smaller settlements. Our Local Plan, which was adopted in 2019, aims to support a diverse economy, provide sufficient infrastructure, provide environmental benefits and support the health and well-being of our communities.
If you are looking to develop your career in planning please see our job description and further information about what HDC can offer you via our website. As a values based employer we want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
How to apply
The full job description and details of how to apply are available to download from our website https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
The closing date is midday 22nd August and interviews will take place w/c 29th August.
Please note that the official closing date is as above and will be the correct date. Some third party websites may have different dates so please always refer to the HDC website for the official closing date to ensure you do not miss out on applying.
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our Recruitment team via email@example.com
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits including flexitime to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
- A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension
- An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
- Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
- Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure
- Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development
- Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
- Enhanced policies in many areas
- Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Programme
- Digital Parking Permit
- Long Service Award
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.