The Epsom Playhouse, situated in Epsom town centre, comprises a 450 seat main stage auditorium and the 80 seat Myers Studio Theatre.
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic individuals to process all Box Office ticket sales/hall hire monies and to promote a rapidly growing programme of professional and community performances.
We are looking for a motivated team player with excellent communication skills to provide a high level of service to over the counter customers, to maximise sales and audience attendance through effective customer care, to pro-actively sell tickets, memberships and packages to the public, to contribute ideas and practical assistance to fulfil marketing strategies.
With an interest in a career in arts you will fulfil the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working with the general public
- A commitment to the delivery of first class customer care
- Ability to communicate clearly and deal with different groups of people
- A confident disposition, calm under pressure, with a good sense of humour
- Experience of dealing with cash and balancing end of day takings
- An organised, methodical approach to work
- Good IT skills and aptitude
- Self motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as and when required, including weekends and public holidays throughout the year including during the Christmas and New Year period
- Provide general administrative and marketing support as and when necessary.
Previous box office experience desirable but full training will be given to the right candidate.
To find out more contact Elaine Teague, Theatre Manager at the Epsom Playhouse, on
01372 742226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19 August 2022
Interview Date: 31 August 2022
At Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, we are passionate about maintaining an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all sections of our community particularly from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities. We are committed to ensuring all our staff – regardless of gender, age, religion, sexuality, ethnicity or disability – can thrive and succeed whilst working with us.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided by completing our application form. Please note, we do not accept CVs for this position.