Directorate: Children’s Services
Starting salary: Up to £40,578 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 17 August 2022
Can you help us to train and support carers to offer the best support for our children in North Somerset?
Do you want the opportunity to make a difference?
If yes, we have the perfect role for you!
We have a vacancy in our friendly Fostering Team for a part-time workforce development officer.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, passionate, and effective trainer to support the development of our Foster Carers and Kinship carers in North Somerset. We need someone who is strongly committed to the highest quality of care for those of our children and young people who cannot be with their parents. Our foster carers, special guardians, connected persons, supported lodgings hosts and family link are special to us, because without them we would not be able to provide the best care for the children we have responsibility for in North Somerset.
If you join us, you will have responsibility for both the direct delivery and commissioning of training and development of our carers in their different roles.
This role requires working closely with the rest of the Fostering Team to ensure that the annual training program is reflective of the needs of the carers and is kept up to date and planned for the following year.
This role requires you to:
- have experience of delivering outstanding learning outcomes to a diverse audience with a wide range of training needs
- demonstrate an in depth understanding of fostering and kinship care, including the legislation and guidance which regulates the provision of care for children who are not being looked after by their parents.
- be well skilled and confident in partnership engagement and working
- have a relevant professional qualification e.g., social work, youth and community work, health, or education
- have both the knowledge and the skills to deliver and commission training
- work collaboratively and enthusiastically with other professionals and with young people to deliver high quality training.
Successful recruitment to this role will follow a safer recruitment process and be conditional on satisfactory safeguarding checks. This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Christian Sweeney, Principal Social Worker on 07469 406044.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.