An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in our Healthier Communities Commissioning Team as a commissioning manager. We are looking for candidates with a passion for improving the lives of our residents, with vision and the ability to work effectively with partners to deliver excellent services and outcomes for our customers.
A comprehensive understanding and experience of strategic planning, the commissioning process, contracting and performance monitoring working required.
The postholder will work closely with the Senior Commissioning Manager and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of evidenced based, high quality and cost-effective services with a particular focus on Substance Misuse (drugs and alcohol).
Substance misuse is a complex and ever-changing environment; therefore, it would be beneficial if you have a knowledge of alcohol and drug treatment, recovery, prevention, guidance and research.
You will also provide support to the Senior Commissioning Manager in the development of a local drug strategy and action plan to improve outcomes for our residents, working in partnership with our service provider to investigate and develop innovative service delivery models to meet the priorities of the National Drug Strategy and the Council.
You must also be able to display;
- A positive leadership style with a commitment to achieving high performance, with a drive and enthusiasm for change.
- A clear commitment and proven ability to deliver high quality outcomes.
- The ability to negotiate, influence and enthuse colleagues both internally and across partner agencies.
- A commitment to working in collaboration with partners from all sectors including those with lived experience.
- The ability to successfully deliver results at an operational level.
- A good knowledge of guidance that governs alcohol and drug treatment services, including national and local drug strategies as well as OHID and NICE guidance and recommendations.
- Knowledge of the National Drug Treatment Monitoring System (NDTMS) and experience of interrogating and analysing complex data.
Please see our recruitment pack for more details about our work. We urge you to take up our offer of an informal chat about this position. Details of who to contact can be found in the pack.
Due to the summer holiday period interviews will be undertaken week commencing 19 September 2022