About The Job
Salary: £33,486 to £36,371 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Tozer House, Chichester
Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual who can lead the service into the future with a focus on empowering, enabling people to maximise their potential and build and develop their strengths, life skills, have choice and control about their everyday life in a Residential Care setting.
Residential care does not mean you lose control over your lives; we are here to listen; communicate effectively and efficiently and learn from the people we support and care for.
As an Assistant Care Manager you will:
- Support the Registered Manager and will lead in the growth and development and ensure it is effective, efficient, caring safe and compliant.
- Ensure that a supportive and innovative support structure is in place for its staff team, so they can deliver 'the life people would like to lead' that promotes independency, choice and control and accessibility to opportunities that will meet people's outcomes.
- Embrace a diverse and positive culture of teamwork.
- Hold an appropriate qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Have demonstrable experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and people who have dementia, people who transition from children into adult services.
If you would like to join our strong and dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be an Assistant Care Manager!
How to Apply: Please ensure that you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description attached. Along with required qualifications, this will be used as shortlisting criteria. Failure to complete the application process correctly may result in your application not being shortlisted.
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact. Including the ability to provide authoritative guidance and resolve the most significant complex technical issues within the team specialism. Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions within the required framework
- Ability to organise / prioritise work and co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines which minimise the disruption to the business.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of people and create effective working relationships, build rapport and negotiate and influence others. Able to develop positive partnership ways of working, with a range of stakeholders. Able to work with other service professionals to share best practice, knowledge and learning.
- Ability to work in a person-centred way providing a high-quality service with a high level of attention to detail and gaining the trust and confidence of both residents and businesses in West Sussex.
- Effective people and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and motivate and inspire the team.
- Ability to embrace change and have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the service.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Professional Health or Social Care Qualification e.g. CQSW, DipSw, RNLD, CSS, or equivalent qualification or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience.
- Relevant theoretical, organisational, procedural and policy knowledge relating to the specialist professional area e.g. adult protection issues, health and safety, etc.
- Knowledge of the principles of positive behaviour support and communication through behaviour.
- Detailed knowledge relating to the management of a team, its function and
- Significant experience of working in care settings relevant to this role.
- Experience of supervising staff and developing an effective team to work
together to meet objectives and deliver a professional service.
How to Apply:
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application form explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.