An exciting transformation programme is taking place across Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils as we integrate services and systems.
We are looking for two Specialist Advisors to work within our Specialist Services Team. This role is responsible for delivering specialist advice on Council Tax and Business Rates. You will also deal with and advise on other council debts such as Overpaid Housing Benefit.
It is essential that you have you have relevant Council Tax and Business Rates experience.
- Managing complex or difficult cases and acting as the single point of contact for customers on those cases
- Representing the Council at Magistrates Court, County Court and Valuation Tribunals as appropriate
- Providing training to caseworkers and customer advisors on Council Tax and Business Rates
- Monitoring and auditing the performance and quality of the service, including external agents used for Recovery, identifying improvement actions and delivering required outcomes
- Providing customer focused specialist Council Tax and Business Rates advice within the Council and externally
- Collaborating on projects, service policy and strategy and supporting and mentoring those delivering the service across the council.
You will have experience of Council Tax and Business Rates with a proven track record of working in a Revenues environment. You will have a good knowledge of Openrevenues and/ or Academy software, or an alternative relevant system. With good communication skills, you will be proactive and have a strong commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
We are looking for individuals that are results driven, customer focused and adaptable.