The starting salary for this position is £32,173 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
The Adult Social Care Leadership Team have one permanent vacancy for a Senior Business Support Coordinator. It is full time (36 hours per week) and is based at Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8EF.
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working from home or wherever works best.
We are looking for a Senior Business Support Coordinator - System-wide to fill a newly created, important role, reporting to the Leadership Team Coordinator in the Adult Social Care Business Support Team.
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with the Senior Personal Assistant to the Executive Director (ED) - Adult Social Care and Integrated Commissioning so that together they provide comprehensive business and administrative support to the ED
- Provide wide-ranging project and business support to the ED and other senior roles, with an emphasis on health sector related activities
- Speedily acquire awareness and knowledge of the structures and activities of Surrey Heartlands Integrated Care System, the Adult Social Care services of Surrey County Council and the activities of the wider care and voluntary sectors in Surrey
- Build relationships with a variety of stakeholders within ASC, the wider council, and across the health and care sector in Surrey, to facilitate collaborative working
- Work closely with others across the health and care sectors to maintain awareness of existing and proposed legislative and other developments affecting services to identify and apply cost effective means of delivering changes and improvements to business processes and strategies
- Lead, manage and develop a small team of business support and administrative staff
- Develop and maintain management reports on relevant areas of activity
This role will become a key part of the day to day running of health and care integrated activities in Surrey.
This is varied and challenging role which will suit candidates who have:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- The confidence, resilience and persistence to break new ground
- Experience of developing and managing complex business processes in a changing environment
- Experience of managing and leading a small team
- Sound knowledge of best practice business support principles, including working to tight deadlines
- Confidence to multi-task and balance day-to-day activities with delivering bespoke business support in a multi-agency environment
- Experience of using a range of SCC IT packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are looking for someone who is approachable and personable with a calm and efficient work style, has a can-do attitude and is a self-starter.
We are an extremely supportive team and keen to develop all team members to achieve their full potential.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
This job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 14th August 2022.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 22nd August 2022.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Justine Finan, ASC Leadership Team Coordinator on mobile: 07890 547483 or email at Justine.email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application. Please note that in addition to your CV you will also need to submit a separate personal statement that is tailored for this role (no longer than two sides of A4 please). Your personal statement is very important as it gives you the opportunity to tell us more about yourself, your skills and experience and why this is just the job for you!
Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.