Pensions Administrator Apprenticeship Pathway
Salary: £18,615 p.a.
Service Area: Resources
Division/Unit: Human Resources / Pensions
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
The Pensions Administrator Apprenticeship Pathway consists of a 2 ½ year opportunity to build on your knowledge of the financial (pension) sector and professional business skills, and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Business Administration apprenticeship qualification (year 1) and AAT apprenticeship qualification (year 2). Following the initial application process, successful applicants will join Islington Council’s Pensions Team, where you will support and assist in the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and other related legislation for the Council and its employees.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Business Administration Level 2 apprenticeship qualification and an AAT Level 2 apprenticeship qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace and will provide both practical and theory-based qualifications;
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council.
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained two professional qualifications which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Pensions Administrator Pathway is ideal for those who enjoy helping others and are passionate about working in the finance sector.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration or AAT at level 2 or above
Closing Date: Sunday 15th September 2018 at 23:59
Interview Date: Wednesday 26th September 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: October 2018
For an informal discussion about apprenticeships at Islington council please contact, Andrew Challis on 020 7527 2607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk